Looking for vegan products to buy at Walmart? You’re in luck—there are plenty of great options out there. This list includes both brand names, product categories, and specific products from specific brands that you can buy at Walmart.
Walmart has several different kinds of stores, so your ability to buy certain food items at each one may differ. For example, Walmart Supercenter stores are more likely to have complete grocery shopping options that include refrigerated, frozen, and shelf-stable items, but regular Walmart stores may have only a limited selection of snack foods.
Walmart stores can contain hundreds of thousands of products, and it’s likely that you can find some vegan options that we don’t even know about yet! So while Walmart might not necessarily be the first place you think of when you think of a vegan diet, you would be surprised at the amount of options these stores have for vegans.
One way to get your Walmart shopping strategy in order is to visit the company’s website and look up the products you might want to buy. Walmart’s website is pretty good about including detailed product descriptions that incorporate complete ingredient lists so you can be sure what you want to buy is vegan. Because Walmart locations differ so greatly, it is always best to check the website first.
Making a Grocery List
In this article, we are going to show you how to make a vegan grocery list, and how you can fill that list entirely with items found at Walmart stores! Making a grocery list may seem like a simple task, but you would be surprised at just how many things you can forget to include if you don’t do it the right way. And when you have to consider veganism as well, it is always best to get prepared beforehand.
The most important reason we make a grocery list is to make our experience easier in the grocery store. After all, we’ve all been to the store and forgotten to buy something that we went there for. With a well-prepared list, not only will we not forget anything, we will save time in the actual store.
A good grocery list covers all your needs. A helpful way to make a grocery list is to first break down your needs into categories, and then fill each category with products to be purchased. For example, you could organize your needs by food products (fruits, vegetables, bread, treats, etc.), household products (toothpaste, toilet paper, etc.), and supplies (cleaning supplies, clothing, etc.).
Fill it In
Then, once you have these broad categories, you can fill in your needs, and you will have a comprehensive grocery list to make sure you aren’t forgetting anything in store!
We have broken down this article in much the same way. We have created a comprehensive vegan list of food items, then broken it down into vegan brands, and then included a list of household items and clothing. All of these products are sold in Walmart stores, and you can use them to make the best grocery list possible.
So let’s get started and take a look at all the vegan options you can find at Walmart to fill out your list.
First and foremost, you will want your grocery list to cover all your food needs. As vegans, we know that buying food can be quite a complicated process! This is where a grocery list comes in even more handy. There are many vegan food options at Walmart, but if you don’t know what you are looking for, you will quickly become overwhelmed.
In this section, we are going to outline many types of vegan foods that you can find in Walmart. First, we have broken it down into broad types of food categories, and then we will give you a list of the vegan brands you can look for when in store.
So think about what you want to shop for, and add it to your list. Then, look for the brands in store to make the whole experience easy and quick!
There are many different vegan-friendly foods at Walmart stores that include grocery sections.
- Organic fruits and vegetables
- Tofu and tempeh
- Tofu shirataki noodles
- Fresh produce
- Leafy greens
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dried and canned beans (avoid refried beans, which may contain lard)
- Grains such as oats, quinoa, rice, and barley
- Maple syrup and agave
- Seitan and other meat alternatives
- Dried fruit
- Butternut squash
- Organic herbs and spices
- Nutritional yeast
- Canned vegetables/fruits
- Hot sauce, mustard, and other condiments
Some of these brands make all-vegan food, while others offer a limited range of vegan products. Always check the labels, even if the brand is known to make vegan foods, as product offerings can change over time. If your local Walmart doesn’t appear to carry these brands, you can ask the manager to stock them.
Generally speaking, these brands have vegan offerings, but you stillshould check each label individually to be sure!
- Amy’s brand products:Canned soups and chili, some frozen meals, dairy-free burritos
- Ancient Harvest brand products:Whole-grain pastas, packaged whole grains
- Annie’s (Naturals and Homegrown) brand products:Salad dressings, condiments (mustard and ketchup), Worcestershire sauce, cookies, crackers, fruit snacks, boxed meals
- Annie Chun’s brand products:Noodle bowls
- Barbara’s brand products:Cereals, snacks
- Upton’s Naturals:Jackfruit and Seitan products also available from uptonsnaturals.com
- Beanitos brand products:Chips
- belVita brand products:Breakfast biscuits, cookies
- Better Body Foods brand products:Protein powders and other food supplements
- Beyond Meat brand products:Frozen meat substitutes
- Boca brand products:Frozen vegan burger patties
- Cascadian Farm brand products:Cereal, snack bars
- Classico brand products:Pasta sauces, pizza sauce
- Clif brand products:Protein, meal and snack bars in various Clif brands (including Luna, Mojo, and Kids)
- Cybele’s brand products:Cookies
- Dr. McDougal brand products:Soups, pasta
- Earth Balance brand products:Vegan butter, bagged chips and snacks, nut butters
- Food Should Taste Good brand products:Chips
- Gardein brand products:Frozen vegan meats and meals
- Hampton Creek brand products:Just Mayo, Just Ranch, etc.
- Jackfruit Company brand products:Prepared jackfruit meals (some products may be processed in facilities that also process dairy)
- Kashi brand products:Cereals, frozen foods, snack bars
- Kettle brand products:Chips, popcorn
- KIND brand products:Granola, snack bars
- Lightlife brand products:Vegan meat substitutes
- McCormick brand products:Herbs, spices, seasoning mixes, sauces, dip mixes
- Mission Foods brand products:Tortillas, chips, taco shells
- Monster brand products:Energy drinks
- Nature’s Path brand products:Cookies
- Newman’s Own brand products:Cookies, pretzels, salsas, dressings, pasta sauces
- Old El Paso brand products:Seasoning mixes, sauces
- Organicville Products:Miso Ginger Organic Vinaigrette, Organic Ketchup, Pomegranate Organic Vinaigrette, Sesame Teriyaki Marinade, Herbs de Provence Vinaigrette, etc.
- Primal Strips products:Meatless jerky
- Ragu brand products:Pasta sauces, pizza sauce
- Riceworks brand products:Chips
- Silk brand products:Vegan milks, yogurt, other dairy substitutes
- Simply Asia brand products:Noodle bowls, sauces
- So Delicious brand products:Coconut milks, non-dairy ice cream, yogurts and other dairy substitutes
- Super Pretzel brand products:Plain frozen soft pretzels
- Swanson brand products:Vegetable broth
- Thai Kitchen brand products:Coconut milks, noodle bowls, pasta mixes
- Tofurky brand products:Vegan cold cuts, sausages
- Tofutti brand products:Sour cream, Cuties frozen dessert sandwiches, “cheese” ravioli and other dairy substitutes
- Van’s Foods brand products:Certain frozen waffles, pancakes, french toast, cereals, crackers
- West Soy brand products:Dairy substitutes
- Yves Veggie Cuisine brand products: Vegan meat substitutes, meals
Clothing and Household Items
Of course, as vegans, we know that the search for vegan products doesn’t stop at just food. Walmart is a one-stop shop for anything from household supplies to clothing! This section outlines the various household and clothing options to look for when in Walmart. Add these products to your grocery list as well, and you will find your shopping trip easier than ever before!
Some of the brands listed here have either some or all vegan products. As always, check the label and do your research before using!
- 100% cotton clothing
- Cotton-poly blend clothing
- Poly-spandex or cotton-spandex blend clothing
- Nylon and acrylic clothing and housewares (throw pillows, rugs)
- PEVA/PVA shower curtains
- Down alternative pillows and blankets
- Synthetic polar fleece clothing, blankets, and fabric
- Loofah sponges (loofahs come from the luffa plant, which produces cucumber-like fruits that dry out and are harvested, cleaned and sold as exfoliating sponges)
- Cellulose sponges
- Synthetic makeup brushes
- Selected makeup products from Bareminerals, Physicians Formula, Hard Candy, Wet n Wild, Milani, FLOWER, e.l.f.
- Personal care products from Alba Botanica, Black Radiance, Burt’s Bees, Kiss My Face, Yes To, Desert Essence, Avalon Organics, Dr. Bronner’s, Toms of Maine, Paul Mitchell, Shea Moisture
- Household cleaning products (laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, dish soap, surface cleaners, etc.) from Mrs. Meyers, Seventh Generation, Biokleen, Ecover